Sunday, December 25, 2011

Finding The Unexpected at Theatre Antique, Arles


During buying trips, I often take Sunday to feel France..its people, places, food...its beauty!
On my recent Sunday in Arles in Southern France, I wandered without a goal....
My walk led me into "Theatre Antique"...the Roman Theater begun by Augustus in 1st century.

Never expecting to see among the ruins...
a trio of teenage boys, one using the ancient columns and walls to practice "Parkour" moves.

Parkour was developed in France around 1988.. credit is given to David Belle is Lisses, France.
The body moves around obstacles with speed and efficiency...
vaulting, rolling, running, climbing and jumping!

I talked to the young man, exchanged emails...
in a few days he sent me a YouTube with a friend performing Parkour...




In Parkour, you never stop moving...

As in life, if you reach an obstacle,
you must always continue forward!

What a lesson to learn....from visiting the ruins in Arles...
An unexpected discovery!

7 comments:

  1. The ruins in Arles!The late 80's were something else. A great find and a great line:)Merry Christmas!Have a great year ahead!
    http://www.inessa.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Inessa, Enjoyed your European landscape photos captured amongst the fog...another unexpected pleasure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is what life is all about! The unexpected journey!! I loved the video- they are so fit doing gymnastic moves without the rings or horse vault. Don't you love it when life gives you such a moment?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so agree. People I meet in France are so eager to share French life with me..this teenage boy took interest to share his friend's video.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. First of all, the ruins are magnificent! I just love that sort of beauty and history. Now, how fabulous to happen upon parkour being practiced and in that setting! I loved the video. What a nice connection both of you made. I really loved this post and your blog is a new favorite.
    Happy new year!
    xo isa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Isa, I agree...parkour among the ruins gave me a special day.

    Your comment led me to your blog and your creations...marvelous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The ruins are stunning and then the video. I am just imagining the first time the boys came across them! Wonderful!

    Happy New Years to you and yours! Please come and enter my Giveaway from Serena & Lily.

    xoxo
    Karena

    Art by Karena

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails